Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Musings

Wow - it has been over a month since I last blogged!

Milton Town Hall Show Finished.

On Thursday July 28 I took down my show at the Milton Town Hall. I managed to sell one painting (the first ever at the Town Hall showings) and now have all those pieces spread out between the AM Gallery in the Milton Mall and the Gallery Upstairs at Harrop Restaurant. The painting that sold was of Mt,. Nemo on the escarpment and was purchased by a Town Hall staff member.

Three New Paintings.

During June and July I did three new pieces - one was a new version of "Standing Alone", one was of a view from Mt. Nemo in the winter time and the third is ongoing of the Milton Falls by the Milton Millpond. It should be finished soon. I can only get to work on pieces a few hours a week between Thursdays and Saturdays.

Paintings and Sales.

This summer has been productive to say the least and I now have 83 paintings done with 24 sales.

Studio Tour Coming Up in October.

It is only two months until this year's Studio Tour. I am gearing up by wanting to finish at least five more paintings. I will be showing at the Gallery Upstairs at Harrop Restaurant (in the Red Barn) with Sandra Spagnuolo, Marlene Kawalez and Barbara VanSyckle. We are the first listed artists on the brochure listing  and it should be a great two days. The self-drive tour is on Saturday, October 1 and Sunday, October 2 from 10am to 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment